Employment: Outreach Coordinator – Thrive
Title: Outreach Coordinator at
Job Objective: Plans and manages Thrive’s Buy Local – Buy Rogue and Rogue Flavor campaigns with the goal of serving the needs of business participants; recruitment and retention.
Hours: 30 hours per week
- Responsible for member services. Acts as initial point of contact for all new members and member queries. This includes processing new and renewing members, membership retention and support. Plans and executes quarterly business networking gatherings.
- Publishes bi-monthly e-newsletters for businesses and individuals.
- Recruits participants in Rogue Flavor campaign and sells advertising in Rogue Flavor publication; compiles listings, edits content.
- Recruits businesses for Eat Local Week participation. Organizes and publicizes Eat Local schedule of events. Plans and executes Food Truck Festival.
- Supports the planning for Brews, Burgers & Bluegrass with vendor and volunteer coordination.
- Maintains database of contacts and business members
- Recruits, directs and supports Thrive volunteers.
- Maintains stock of Rogue Flavor publications with participating businesses
- Assists with all other Thrive events and programs as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commitment to Thrive’s mission
- Strong networking & sales skills combined with ability to listen to / solicit needs of members
- Collaborative spirit and ability when working with partners and co-workers is essential
- Strong detail orientation
- Self motivated, independent work style and ability to manage multiple tasks, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Writing and computer proficiency with mail merge, Excel, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, Joomla and Sales Force.
- Ability to travel in Jackson and Josephine counties
- 2 years’ experience performing similar duties or demonstrated ability
- $16-18/hr. commensurate with experience
- Mileage reimbursed