*Job Posting* Executive Director for Friends of Family Farmers
Printable PDF Link: FoFF Executive Director Job Description
Status: Full time administrator with Benefits
Posted: November 21, 2014
Location: Salem, Oregon
We are seeking individual to serve as Executive Director for our dynamic and growing
organization. Specifically we are looking for someone who comes from a non-profit
management background with a strong sense of organizational development and staff
management. Ideally this person will be able to work with the board and staff to implement a
vision for the organization and oversee the strategic plan and individual staff work plans to
achieve identified goals. This person will also be responsible for creating, overseeing and
implementing the organization’s strategic fundraising plan.
Job duties will include:
- • Administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to staff management and
- oversight, work plan implementation and payroll;
- • Develop and oversee the implementation of a strategic fundraising plan, which includes
- a robust membership program, grants and a major donor program;
- • In collaboration with other FoFF staff and the board develop a multi-year strategic plan;
- • Act as a liaison between FoFF staff and the FoFF Board of Directors.
- • 7-10 years experience working in the non-profit sector with demonstrated experience in
- non-profit management and development;
- • Superior communication skills, both verbal and written;
- • Demonstrated ability to manage people effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- • Be able to work with and manage a diverse set of people, differing personalities and
- while being a productive team-player.
- • Access to a car, with a valid drivers license;
- • Ability to multitask and meet deadlines;
- • Salsa data-banking andMac computer literacy, typing, and ability to utilize Microsoft
- Office products is essential as well as social and electronic media such as blogs, twitter
- and Facebook;
- • Fire in the belly for Oregon agriculture, family farmers and local food, with a sense of
- humor to boot!
This position is for a one-year contract and is strictly funding dependent for future years.
FoFF provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. To apply, please send full resume, cover letter and a writing sample to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Friday, December 5, 2014.