Grow. Glean. Give
This isn’t your old fashioned can food drive, this if fresh, healthy and local food to create a healthier community.
Food Recovery Table @ NorthWest Crossing Farmers Market Saturdays 10am-2pm
- Consumers: “Purchase a Pound” (or two!) and donate at our table
- Gardener: Bring excess produce from your backyard garden
- Producer: Consider donating if you have excess at the end of the day
The Good Samaritan Law of Oregon
Under the 1996 Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Act, a federal statute, anyone who donates food in good faith to a food bank or gleaning organization is protected from all liability associated with that product. Furthermore, OFB and our partner agencies follow strict food handling and safety procedures to ensure that the people we serve receive the highest-quality food possible.
Food donation reduces waste and promotes sustainable community practices by keeping edible food out of the waste stream and places it into the hands of community members in need. Setting up a food donation relationship can be a simple way to help support our local non-profit hunger relief organizations.
Visit the Oregon Food Bank to learn about Benefits and Protection for food donations.
Give & Win!
If you donate food and refer a friend, you will be entered to win a Farmers Market Gift Basket valued at over $50.
Make sure to pick up this postcard after you donate.
Donate to the Pantry Nearest You! Find it Fast.
This map helps you to select the non-profit hunger relief agency closest to your location. To use the map, follow these easy steps:
- Click here to open the map in a separate page
- Once the map is open, type in your address and a green marker will indicate your location
- The red markers surrounding you are the locations of the local non-profits, which currently accept food donations
- Click on the red markers close to you to find out what type of food donations they currently accept, have access to their contact information including their phone number and website, and discover the days and times they accept donations