This isn’t your old-fashioned canned food drive!
Donate fresh food when you are shopping at your local Farmers Market; HDFFA has representatives at all of the markets listed below; your food will be delivered to local food pantries, kitchens and the NeighborImpact Food Bank.
Ways to Donate:
- Purchase extra pounds
- Gardeners can deliver excess produce
- Farmers provide end of day excess products
Fresh Food Drive Donation
This program is supported by a generous grant from The Clabough Foundation.
“Every other week throughout the summer we were able to donate fresh lettuce, tomatoes, kale, potatoes and more to help folks have fresh food on their families’ plates”. -NeighborImpact
Other Donation Locations
If you miss the donation times at the farmers market, there is still a way to donate your excess fruits and vegetables. Many local pantries and kitchens gladly accept fresh food donations directly from community members. You can use our Fresh Food Donation Map below to learn when and where to donate!
“I have donated freshly harvested carrots, zucchini and tomatoes from my garden. Sharing your gardens bounty is one of the easiest and helpful donations you can do for our community.” –Jules Greene
This map helps you to select the non-profit hunger relief agency closest to your location. To use the map, follow these easy steps:
- Click here to open the map in a separate page
- Once the map is open, type in your address and a green marker will indicate your location
- The red markers surrounding you are the locations of the local non-profits, which currently accept food donations
- Click on the red markers close to you to find out what type of food donations they currently accept, have access to their contact information including their phone number and website, and discover the days and times they accept donations