Here’s the Deal
During the WEEK of SEPT. 12-17 you can find crazy good deals for local food! To be a part of the Challenge, grab your buddies, dog, husband, kids, parrot, whomever, and use our Zine to visit our Members.
3 Ways to Win
Local Food Challenge Zine - Click, download and Get Local!
Find Coupons in the Food & Farm Directory
- One dozen fresh eggs with each chicken purchased @ Angel’s Rest Ranch
- Get $5 off when you spend $25 @ Rockin’ Daves
- $10 off Thanksgiving Turkeys, free-range heritage breed @ HolmesStead Ranch
- Free gallon of milk with a herd share sign-up @ Windy Acres Dairy
- Free tasting certificate for a flight of 4 @ Faith, Hope & Charity Vineyard
- 5% off 1/2 or whole certified USDA Organic lamb or goat @ Golden Eagle Organics
- Taste Local Thursdays with The Range Restaurant @ Brasada Ranch. A special menu featuring Radical Roots (Tumalo) Mixed Baby Lettuces and Pine Mountain Ranch (Bend) Buffalo Short Ribs.
- 10% off Bethlyn’s Global Fusion Farm to Table Thursday local special, prepared with love and produce from the Farmers Market.
- 10% off your purchase @ Mahonia Gardens, use coupon in the Food & Farm Directory
- Buy 2 get 1 FREE @ Holm Made Toffee Co., use coupon in the Food & Farm Directory
- Free Karma Points! Purchase then donate food from Central Oregon farms to HDFFA through our Grow & Give stand which we donate to the food bank. Visit our booth.
Thank you to our Local Food Challenge Partners and Sponsors
Local Food Photo Contest
Enter our local food photo contest and share the local food love!
- Take photos of Central Oregon inspired food and local fare during the month of September.
- Post photos with #HDFFA and #TasteCentralOregon to Facebook or Instagram.
HDFFA will select a winner in each of the following categories:
- Best Restaurant Photo
- Weirdest Looking Vegetable
- Best Dish featuring Local Food
- Best Photo with You and Local Food
Winners will be announced during the first week in October in our newsletter and on social media!
What is Local?
For HDFFA, local includes products grown, raised, or produced in Crook, Deschutes or Jefferson County. The Local Food Challenge is not only about enjoying the tastes of local foods but is also about becoming more aware and better informed about the nutritional, economic, and social benefits of local foods in Central Oregon.
Why Buy Local?
Eating and buying local is gaining momentum as we recognize the value of sourcing food from local farmers and ranchers. As our Central Oregon food supply grows, so do our benefits!
- Local food tastes better. The distance from the farm to your plate is shorter – and you can taste the difference!
- Know how your food is produced. Sourcing locally allows you to face your farmer, ask questions directly, and visit the farm.
- Your dollar goes farther. When your money is spent locally, the whole community benefits.
How Local Can You Go?
- Try spending $10 per week on food from a local producer at the farmers market, opting for local products at retail stores, or buying directly from farmers.
- Frequent restaurants and food businesses that support local – Look for the orange HDFFA Partners sticker!
- Get to know your food community – Participate in local food events!